Don't miss

Dec 8, 2012

The BEST Christmas Sign EVER!


By on Dec 8, 2012



Matthew 1:21 is the verse I gravitate toward at Christmas time. So when I saw this project on Growing Up Gardner via Pinterest, I knew I wanted to make something similar with this verse. The project is simple and easy, but a little time consuming so start early!




What Your Need:

  • 4" Pine Boards Cut To Fit Space. I got my at Lowes and my hubby cut them for me!
  • Acrylic Paint & Water. I used Chocolate brown for the color wash, however any color will do and of course white for the lettering.
  • Glitter Glue. Optional, I used this on my snowflakes to JAZZ it up!
  • Stencils. A variety of lettering makes it FESTIVE!
  • Screws & Wire Picture Hanging Supplies. I got mine at Hobby Lobby, LOVE that store!
  • Ribbon or a Bow for the Top. I just recycled a old Christmas tree bow that I was not using.

How To Do It: 

Step 1: Stencil your verse or saying onto the boards. 

BE CREATIVE! Use a mixture of fonts and some other design elements... I used snowflakes!

Step 2: Mix paint & water until you get the desired consistency. Brush color wash onto boards.



Tip: I ended up color washing the boards twice to get the desired color.

Step 3: Outline & paint your lettering. 

I outlined my with a pencil and it lightly shows through the color wash making it easy to trace and paint. I used a white paint marker that I got at Hobby Lobby, again, I LOVE that store!




This tended to be the step that took the most time because again I used two coats. 

Step 4: Trace Design Elements with Glitter!

In my case snowflakes to add FLARE and SPARKLE. I used white, silver and gold to match the rest of my decorations.


Step 5: Assemble. 

I braced the back with wood boards and screws because I knew this would be a heavy piece.


Step 6: Hang and ENJOY!




I am so pleased with how this beautiful sign turned out. I know I will enjoy it for YEARS to come.



What do you think of the finished project?


About Juli Camarin

Juli Camarin is a blogger who enjoys writing, creating, capturing, recording & sharing beauty. She currently writes two blogs, JCBlog.net and InspiredbyFabulous.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment