Don't miss

Jan 22, 2013

Amazing Wood Photo Blocks


By on Jan 22, 2013

I orginally saw this project on BuzzFeed via Pinterest. I immediately loved it and knew I had to give it a try. It is easy and turns out great, I have a few of these picture blocks in my office at work and they are always commented on!






What You'll Need:

  • Picture printed on paper. I originally tried a photo print from Wal-Mart, which DOES NOT work, just print a picture from your home printer or have it printed at a copy shop, I went to Staples, since I wanted a larger finished product.
  • Wood. I got my from Lowes in the building area. It was orginally a long board, they cut it to 10x10 squares for me.
  • Gel Medium. You will find this in a craft supply store in the artist section or at an artist store. I got mine at Hobby Lobby.
  • Modge Podge. I swear every project I do is Modge Podge'd.... Love it!
  • Overnight. This does take overnight to dry before finishing the project.... just a head's up on the timeframe.

How To Do It:

  • Sand the edges of the wood.
  • Trim print to size.
  • Cover surface of the wood with artist gel medium
  • Let dry overnight
  • Using a wet wash cloth, gentely wash the of the paper from the wood block. The wet paper becomes pulp and easily washes away while the image remains on the wood via the medium.
  • Clean all paper residue off.
  • Let dry.
  • Coat with Modge Podge to seal and give it a shiney finish.

Tips:

  • If you are going to do a saying instead of a picture remember to reverse your image in a photo program before you print and the image is reverse on the wood.
Below are pictures of the entire process...





About Juli Camarin

Juli Camarin is a blogger who enjoys writing, creating, capturing, recording & sharing beauty. She currently writes two blogs, JCBlog.net and InspiredbyFabulous.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment